Disney’s Giant Ice Castle in Times Square Kicks Off ‘Limited Time Magic’
This morning Disney Imagineers and workers, designed, sculpt and build a 25-foot-tall, 9-foot-deep and 15-foot-wide castle made of 45,000 pounds of ice in New York City’s Time Square. Part of “Limited Time Magic” announcement, Mickey and friends helped unveil a three-story castle in the heart of NYC. “Limited Time Magic” will take place throughout 2013 at Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Each week at the Disney theme parks a different surprise or guest will happen for a one-week-only engagement. Surprises include many never-before-seen entertainment, dining, character experiences and more. Each one will disappear after seven days and make way for the next week’s Limited Time Magic experience. The ice castle in Times Square is the kick off which took more than 12 hours to construct and craft. This experience demonstrates the short-lived nature of Disney’s Limited Time Magic. Check out more pictures and a time-lapse video of the Disney Imagineers as they constructed this frozen master piece.
- Disney Robin Hood and Friends Make Special Appearance for ‘Limited Time Magic’ @ Walt Disney World Resort
- Sneak Peek KAWS “Companion” Balloon Introduction @ 2012 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Disney Monopoly – Holiday Gift Idea
- Disney x Barneys Turns Fashion Moguls Into Animated Characters
- Mickey Mouse Moleskine Notebook – Video