Pixar California Coast – Disney Wonder Cruise Line
If you’re a fan of Pixar Animation Studios’ you will love this news a new cast of characters will dressed as Mr. Incredible, Remy, Woody, Jessie, Buzz Lightyear and other memorable characters from Pixar will stroll the decks aboard the Disney Wonder. Starting seven-night California Coastal cruises September 16 through October 14, 2012. During these voyages, Disney Cruise Line guests will be able to interact with and explore the world of Pixar and their beloved characters while the Disney Wonder sails to popular port cities along the coast of California. Guests sailing on the voyage will also receive a commemorative lithograph created by Pixar artist and “Brave” co-director/screenwriter, Steve Purcell. Check out what is in store below.
- Artists and filmmakers from Pixar Animation Studios will provide an inside look at the creative process used to develop an animated feature which includes a look at the making of Pixar’s newest release “Brave” and a sneak peek at footage of future Pixar films.
- Storyboards, character sketches, environment paintings, maquettes and other inspiring concept art used to design Pixar films will be on display in a special art exhibition at sea. This collection of art has only been seen outside of Pixar Animation Studios when displayed at leading art museums around the world.
- Guests will be able to enjoy the entire Pixar library of films while onboard, including a selection of delightful animated shorts. The voyages coincide with the theatrical premiere of “Finding Nemo 3D,” which guests can enjoy at either of the two theatres equipped with state-of-the-art Dolby 3D projection systems.
- For the first time, more than a dozen Pixar characters will meet with and greet guests throughout the cruise including Mr. Incredible, Remy, Woody, Jessie and Buzz Lightyear. There will be a special Pixar-themed dance parties in the Atrium Lobby and a host of other opportunities for guests to reconnect with their favorite Pixar pals.
Once docked, enticing attractions await in every city, including:
- Los Angeles: Be spellbound by Hollywood, Rodeo Drive and Grauman’s Chinese Theatre—or head to Disneyland Resort in Anaheim.
- San Francisco: Visit the Golden Gate Bridge, The Walt Disney Family Museum and Fisherman’s Wharf—or venture out to Sonoma or Napa Valley.
- San Diego: Explore San Diego Zoo, Coronado Island, Gaslamp Quarter and some of the world’s best beaches