Ottawa International Animation Festival Poster by Japanese Animator Koji Yamamura
For years now the Ottawa International Animation Festival commissions one artist from around the globe to partake in a special design for their yearly Festival poster. The Festival directors grants the artist free rein and encourages the design of unique and one of a kind. Not very typical from other conventions and festivals that continue every year with the same graphic look. This years pick is Japanese animator, Koji Yamamura, this is not Yamamura first time involved with the festival his work has been submitted in 2007 and he won grad prize for his animated shot “A Country Doctor.” Check out the video below. The film is in Japanese with a cold dark feeling. Also below is his 2011 submission trailer for Muybridge’s Strings by Koji Yamamura Co-produced by the National Film Board of Canada.
“Drawing a poster for Ottawa12 is a great honour for me,” said Yamamura.
“This image was made from an unused sketch from Muybridge’s Strings. This sketch was the basis for the creation of the character Zeno, who is thinking about the infinite split of time”
- Zarafa Animated Film – 2012 Berlin International Festival
- Chris Nahon, Blood: The Last Vampire movie 2009 trailer, Blood +
- Priit Pärn @ Spectacle Theater in Williamsburg September 27 – 29, 2012
- International G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Poster!
- Paramount Pictures: The Last Airbender, Aang and Prince Zuko pictures and tralier