Google Hot Job: Google Doodle – Doodler
I post a lot about Google, so I ask you have you ever wanted to work for one of the largest search engine in the world? (I have) but thought to yourself you were not tech enough? Well Google is currently looking for artist not just scientist, engineers and researchers. If you are not familiar with the term Google Doodle then you haven’t been using your Google search engine very much. Ever so soften about once a week you will see a new Google Doodle representing a holiday or celebrating the birth of an inventor, artist or musician that is deceased. But Google Doodle represents a bigger picture, giving great appreciation to things in our culture and around the world. So here is your chance to make it big. Google is looking for the next big Google Doodle Artist check out the requirements below.
The role: Doodler
- Draw, design, and/or animate the highly visible Google homepage doodles.
- Come up with consistently excellent creative ideas within the constraints of the our logo.
- Manage complex collaborative projects from idea, to executive pitches, to final execution in a fast-paced environment.
- Design illustrations both digitally and traditionally and in a wide range of artistic styles with great attention to detail.
- BFA. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience.
- Freehand illustration skills and a wide range of artistic styles.
- Ability to translate conceptual direction into amazing works of art.
- Ability to work collaboratively and apply creative feedback in a team environment.
- Comfort with digital and traditional media.
- Knowledge of animation fundamentals.
- Online portfolio/reel.
Google goes on to say:
“One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. With eyes focused squarely on the future, our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world’s information. We’re responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring our solutions to all the markets where Google does business.”
“First impressions matter. Every day, hundreds of millions of online users visit the Google homepage. Yes, to search. But also, to be delighted, informed, and surprised (And maybe even to laugh a little). The Google Doodle makes this possible — it’s the change that is constant on Google.com. As a Product Graphic Designer/Illustrator, more commonly known as a “Doodler,” you have the world’s best platform to showcase your stylistic skills — as well as your sense of humor, love of all things historical and imaginative artistry. From Jules Verne to Pac-Man, you have the reins to our brand and iconic logo and can run free with your innovative ideas. Go forth and doodle!”
If I was a better artist I would be applying to this job.