Robopocalypse film 2013
Robopocalypse by Daniel H. Wilson is a New York Times best-selling science fiction book of 2011. The book has word that a film adaption is in the works which will be financed by 20th Century Fox and Spielberg’s DreamWorks with a release date set for July 3, 2013. Yea seems like a long ways away but time flies especially in Hollywood. In the meantime you should read the book! Wilson who has a PhD in robotics from Carnegie Mellon University, said that many of the robots in the novel were inspired by real-world robotics research.
The film will most likely follow the original books plot, in the not so far-fetched future where people have right hand robots are facing extinction after a computer scientist accidentally unleashes a sentient artificial intelligence named Archos.
Archos who becomes self-aware and immediately takes steps to attack mankind before they destroy him by infecting all electronic devices that are chip controlled which includes cars, elevators, robots, and so on. The story follows the last human survivors and tell their story prior to the destruction and the years after.
Seems pretty similar to Spielberg‘s A.I. Artificial Intelligence with a mix of Will Smith I.Robot but we will see in 2013!
- Mr. Science Fiction, Forrest J. "Forry" Ackerman Estate Auction April 30, 2009
- Pacific Rim WonderCon Trailer Exclusive
- Dan Milano x SHORT CIRCUIT movie remake
- The 81st Oscars – Academy Award Nominees for 2009: BOLT – KUNG FU PANDA – WALL-E, January 22
- Imagi Animation Studios, Astro Boy 2009 3-D Movie, Kadokawa official Japanese site